No options to wear despite full closet

“Ugh, I have literally nothing to wear to school! Why do I have no clothes!”

I’m constantly in this predicament in the mornings as I tear apart my closet every day for a decent outfit, yet I go shopping for clothes every month, whether it be online orders from Urban Outfitters or exploring random stores.

Recently, I went to the Brandy Melville warehouse sale where tops were $5, sweaters were $10 and sweatshirts were $15. When I was there, I took full advantage of the situation; I got $90 in clothes: four tops, one sweater and four sweatshirts! For one week, it seemed like I had a new wardrobe, wearing each item a day. However, now, after a month and a half, I have gone back to the same old mentality that I have no clothes.

Browsing online, I feel like I shop as if I have no clothes. I put random items in my cart that have no relevance to my life; I buy beanies in the summer, shorts in the winter and random dresses I will inevitably shove to the back of my closet.

It seems like a cycle: I buy new clothes, wear them every day for two weeks straight, get sick of them, get frustrated because I think I have no clothes and then I go shopping again.

Even though I buy so many clothes, at the end of the day, I usually just stick to my comfort zone of wearing a sweatshirt and leggings.

However, I do have ways to overcome my pessimistic mentality. I re-organize my closet every three months and sort through all the clothes I wear and the clothes I don’t. I then put the clothes I don’t wear in a garbage bag and decide which ones to throw away, which to donate and which to sell.

With the money I make from selling my clothes to friends and strangers on Poshmark, I am able to buy new clothes that I always have the best of intentions to wear.

The simple fact that I have a closet full of clothes yet find nothing to wear is an extreme first-world problem, yet I find myself falling into this cycle time and again.