Looking for a mouthwatering meal? Look no further

As I stepped across the threshold of Siam Thai Cuisine, an exquisite aroma enveloped me. I smelled sweet, sour and everything in between. So, this was Thai food.
Unsurprisingly, the quaint restaurant near the DACA Swim School was packed, with a waiting time of around 30 minutes. Couples sat beneath apple-red Mylar balloons, celebrating Valentine’s Day with the legendary zest of Thai food. 
The dimly lit establishment was cozy and charming, with magnificent maroon curtains, a golden statue of Laughing Buddha by the door and Christmas lights strung about the windows.
I had high hopes, and fortunately, I was not disappointed.
At the recommendation of the waiter, I ordered the BBQ chicken, the kee mao seafood and the prawn garlic pepper, all of which turned out to be delightful. I complemented these dishes with a can of Coca-Cola.
The chicken, served with a sweet chili sauce, was mild but delicious. It was tender yet crispy at the edges. The ingredients seemed fresh and of high quality. I felt that I was getting my money’s worth, or, I suppose, my parents’ money’s worth. The three dishes added up to a grand total of $34. Surprisingly, the sweet chili sauce did not add much to the dish — I found it quite bland — which I guess is a compliment to the chicken itself. When all was said and eaten, however, the BBQ chicken was a dish well-chosen.
The prawn garlic pepper was, in contrast, exciting.  Infused with pepper, garlic and cilantro, the jumbo-sized shrimp burst with flavor. The dish was spicy without being overwhelming. The shrimp were juxtaposed with several cucumber slices. Normally, I would not have thought much of this garnishing trick. However, the combination of the cool cucumber slices and the peppery shrimp was unexpectedly pleasing to the tongue. All in all, I found this dish to have a certain je ne sais quoi often lacking in other cuisines.  
My last dish was kee mao seafood, a seafood dish accompanied by rice noodles and broccoli. At first glance, I was utterly unimpressed. It looked to me like a glob of noodles with a few scallops tossed in. But looks can be deceptive. Kee Mao Seafood turned out to be a delectable dish that enticed me to seek second and third helpings of it. There was nothing extraordinary about this dish; its presentation was humdrum, and it did not have the punch of the prawns. But it was simply tasty, and that was enough.
A restaurant should have an inviting environment, reasonable prices and, most importantly, good food. Siam Thai Cuisine excelled in each of those categories.
In short, Siam Thai Cuisine was a delightful culinary adventure to which I’ll definitely be back for seconds.