The Student News Site of Saratoga High School

The Saratoga Falcon

The Saratoga Falcon

The Saratoga Falcon

Girls’ lacrosse: New coach brings new hopes for season

Sport Name: Girls’ Lacrosse

Coach name: Eric Wong

LAST YEAR RECORD (results in league/CCS): 2-13 (2-10 in SCVAL)
Key losses: Attack Vanessa Block and Midfield Kat Nobles

Key returning players: Senior attack Carolynn Choi, senior goalie Megan Benzing, senior defense Shayda Khorasani

Key additions: Sophomore midfield Jennie Werner, junior midfield Ingrid Hong, senior midfield Connie Wang

Star player: Junior midfield Bria Lee

Key statistic: 4 seniors, 9 juniors, 5 sophomores

Quote from player or coach: “We’ve gone though a lot of coaching changes over the years,” senior attach Carolynn Choi said, “and it’s been rough, but I’m looking forward to a stronger season this year.”

Prognosis (quick summary of what we expect this season: “While the 2012 squad has only four seniors, the team is stacked with young athletic talent and a number of players looking to prove themselves in the SCVAL,” coach Eric Wong said. “A handful of returning attackers and a young midfield will help the Falcons dictate the tempo with a varied offensive attack while the defense will control possession with an aggressive, physical, and disciplined style of play. Improve every day. Compete every game. With this blue-collar work ethic, the 2012 Girls' Lacrosse team will win games with class and cruelty. “